On This Day 11/25 many events has happened, and some of them has made history, and maybe changed the way we live today.
Here’s a list of a few events that I thought might be interesting.
- 2015 Pope Francis begins his trip to Africa, visiting Kenya, Uganda and the Central African Republic
- 2014 Switzerland’s Bern Art Museum agrees to accept artworks looted from their Jewish owners by the Nazis
- 1997 US telephone technician Richard Bliss arrested for spying in Russia
- 1986 Iran-Contra affair erupts, President Reagan reveals secret arms deal
- 1983 World’s greatest robbery 26 million pounds worth of gold, diamonds & cash stolen from the Brink’s-Mat warehouse at Heathrow Airport, England
- 1975 Netherlands grants Suriname independence (National Day)
- 1969 John Lennon returns OBE to protest against UK’s support for Vietnam War
- 1966 Jimi Hendrix Experience makes its London debut at Bag O’ Nails Club
- 1963 JFK laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery (Buried)
- 1955 Clement Attlee resigns as leader of the UK Labour Party
- 1920 1st Thanksgiving Parade (Philadelphia)
- 1867 US Congress commission looks into “impeachment” of President Andrew Johnson
- 1667 A deadly earthquake rocks Shemakha, in the Caucasus, killing 80,000 people.
Thanks for reading,
Credit to OnThisDay for the content.